Door Sensor state not working

Not completely. I realized that I didn’t set up MQTT properly in openhabian. I forgot to remove the # before the broker.

MQTTerror

Now, I can see the state in BASICUI. However, it only changes when I move the sensor in real life. The button doesn’t change the state.

Switch Not working

State changing from open to closed

On top of that I’m not receiving notifications from OpenHAB. My original rules file stopped working so I created another but nothing has changed.

The switch doesn’t control the door. Turn it on and you will get notifications.

Alrighty then. However, I’m still not getting notifications. I feel like it has something to do with my original rules file not working.

Do I have to change the username and password in the arduino code to my username and password into openhab?

code

Alright, I gave up on the openhab app notifications and instead set up notifications through IFTTT.

IFTTT was a very seamless process.

Thanks a ton zbot473. I extremely appreciate your help.

After nearly 3 months on this, I can finally say…mission accomplished DoorSensor complete.

Can I see your new rules file?
Openhab notifications are pretty seamless.

This is the original rules file

This is the new rules file

Also, my honeymoon period with IFTTT has come to a close. Its easy to use, but the lag at times can be horrendous.

Have you clicked allow notifications in the openhab cloud setup?

I have but still no notifications. Do you think its a problem in openhabian?

This is the notifications tab on the myopenhab app. Blank.

Hi there. I would like to know if your problem have been solve. I’m facing the same error as you. The door sensor doesn’t show any status, but my MQTT.fx shows the open/closed. I’ve done reinstalled the mqtt binding too, but nothing happen. Help me please

There is a change in 2.4 for openhab

Hi. How can i get the door is open and closed. Currently it just a small dash.