Blinds control V 2 Invert blind state

Is there any chance we could add a third, medium speed to the choice? Also my blinds do not close all the way, Is there a way to adjust the limits?

Also, can I remotely reset version 2?

Update:
So I just updated to V4 and I am having issue with the blinds not connecting to the router. Anyone else having this issue?
Update: I figured out what the issue was, I left mqtt topic blank, but now, I can’t control the blinds with openhab. Can’t figure this one out.

Version 2 has no remote reset function.

When you upgrade to version 4 did you re configure the blind controller via phone/ tablet and enter your router SSID and password as well as MQTT settings?

The following fields must contain valid information otherwise the blind controller will keep going into the AP setup mode .

Router SSID.
Router pass phrase

MQTT Address

Reset PIN

What version of openHAB are you running.?

If running the latest 2.4 MQTT will not control the blind via Habpanel or the other graphic UI you will need to re install the legacy 1.x bindings of MQTT as this was uninstalled in the openHAB upgrade process.
As in previous posts the 1.x bindings will not be supported in later realeses of openHAB.
You then need to migrate your items etc to openHAB 2,4 which works on channels. Etc

MQTT has been re worked and upgraded in openHAB 2.4

I set it up via phone, just like with V2. I included SSID and password, and I am able to connect to it via browser. I also included MQTT IP address just like in V2. The PIN is also present.

I am running MQTT 2.4 with the legacy 1.x. I have multiple blinds and the ones with V2 work fine.

Hostname: AB-BlindsControl1
Software: MK-BlindsControl V4.00
MQTT Server: 192.168.1.104
MQTT Port: 1883
MQTT Authentication: FALSE
MQTT Command Topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1
MQTT Status Topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/state
Blind Speed: SLOW
Servo Motor Installed Side: LEFT
Blinds Swing Direction To Close From Open: DOWN
Blinds Trim Adjustment Open State Percent: 0
Blinds Weight Slip Correction: ON
Invert Blind State Software Auto Config Set To: NO
Invert Blind Command Software Auto Config Set To: NO
***To Set the Sevo Motor To OPEN Position Via Web Browser By Going To http://AB-BlindsControl1/set-servo
***To Update Firmware Via Web Browser By Going To http://AB-BlindsControl1/firmware
***To Software Reset Via Web Browser By Going To http://AB-BlindsControl1/reset/RESET_CODE
***Alternatively use DEVICE IP ADDRESS of Device e.g. 192.168.0.100/firmware or /reset/RESET_CODE or /set-servo
***Substitute RESET_CODE with reset PIN that was entered In Setup
**To Physically reset device settings restart the device and quickly move the jumper from RUN to PGM, wait 10 seconds and put the jumper back to RUN.

Is the IP address of MQTT server ok.?
The command and state topic uniqu and correct and line up with the item file etc?
Can you publish directly to the device using MQTT tool or MQTT.fx via windows?
If you can access the device and see its setup like you have posted then device is up and working and connecting to your router etc.
Problem is around MQTT
If you can publish via MQTT.fx ok then problem is with openHAB settings
Can you provide me some more info

Can you supply me the settings for your other blinds running V2

Hostname: AB-BlindsControl2
MQTT Server: 192.168.1.104
MQTT Port: 1883
MQTT Authentication: FALSE
MQTT Command Topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl2
MQTT Status Topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl2/state
Move Slow: TRUE
To update firmware go to: http://AB-BlindsControl2.local/firmware
To reset device settings restart the device and quickly move the jumper from RUN to PGM, wait 10 seconds and put the jumper back to RUN.

When I connect using MQTT.fx this is what I get. It just keeps repeating.

2019-06-22 17:02:00,784 INFO — Start App : Style: LIGHT /styles/mqttfx_theme_light.css
2019-06-22 17:02:01,195 INFO — ScriptingManager : Found action with name: Switch Fountain Test
2019-06-22 17:02:03,661 INFO — BrokerConnectorController : onConnect
2019-06-22 17:02:03,702 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : MqttClient with ID MQTT_FX_Client assigned.
2019-06-22 17:02:03,724 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : session present: false
2019-06-22 17:02:08,890 INFO — SubscribeController : onSubscribe
2019-06-22 17:02:08,894 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : rebuildMessagesList()
2019-06-22 17:02:08,895 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : attempt to addRecentSubscriptionTopic
2019-06-22 17:02:08,895 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : addRecentSubscriptionTopic : de.jensd.mqttfx.entities.Topic@7c2a4637
2019-06-22 17:02:08,895 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : attempt to add PublishTopic
2019-06-22 17:02:08,896 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : sucessfully subscribed to topic # (QoS 0)
2019-06-22 17:02:08,949 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A
2019-06-22 17:02:08,954 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #1 to topic ‘AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A’
2019-06-22 17:02:09,008 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A
2019-06-22 17:02:09,009 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #2 to topic ‘AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A’
2019-06-22 17:02:09,009 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A
2019-06-22 17:02:09,009 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #3 to topic ‘AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A’
2019-06-22 17:02:09,010 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A
2019-06-22 17:02:09,010 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #4 to topic ‘AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A’
2019-06-22 17:02:09,040 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A
2019-06-22 17:02:09,041 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #5 to topic ‘AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A’
2019-06-22 17:02:09,976 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : rebuildMessagesList()
2019-06-22 17:02:09,978 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : rebuildMessagesList()
2019-06-22 17:02:09,978 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : sucessfully unsubscribed from topic: #
2019-06-22 17:02:09,984 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: AB-SmartHouse/utilities/AB-BlindsControl1/Software Configuration Mode A

It appears device is in a setup restart loop, can you reset the device and re configure,
If still not working reload/reflash v4 software, I am trying to simulate failure to find cause but no luck yet still working as normal

Did this device already have v2 running.?

yes, I had v2 on it and upgraded to v4. I may try re-flashing over the weekend.

Well, reflashing did not help. I flashed back to V2 and it works now. Maybe one needs to upgrade from V3?

I have found a spare kit I will put together and load V2 from MK-SmartHouse. Then upgrade to V4 and test.
I used piPlasher to load software V2 . I did have one unit not working correctly with V2 so I flashed the device with a blank 4M bin file to totally erase then re flased then was ok.
I will follow the process 1 step at a time to resolve this. And let you know
Other V4 users have had no problems…

Have Built spare kit and powered on.
Device went into AP setup mode so i configured as normal install WiFi Manager via Iphone setup. Re started device and all working as V2. This ESP was shipped with V2 pre installed.
Connetion to Router OK and MQTT server all OK.
I then down loaded V4 software from the link in this post via dropbox and saved to PC.
Uploaded V4 software via web browser i.e. Device IP Address/firmware
Re started device then connected Via AP mode again to reconfigure via WiFi Manager.
Saved and then re booted.
Both Router and MQTT connections OK
Software OK can publish and Servo moves etc

How did you upgrade to V4? via Web upload or Flash via PiFlasher ?

I used the arduino with pyflasher to upgrade from v2 to v4 and web upload when I reflashed the v4. I connected to the AP setup and the results were as you saw. Over the weekend I’ll try to flash blinds in a different room, let you know what I get then.

Try the upload method using web browser, this is available in V2 and above, with out using pyflasher.
I will upgrade my spare device from v2 to v4 using Arduino and pyflaser, see where problem is related too, could be the settings in Arduino

Hi Mountain,

I just tried your v4 & couldn’t get my servos to move at all. Similar problem to Andrzej, but I didn’t have a loop start issue. The commands were successfully published…so says MQTT.fx. I swear I input the same config parameters. I even reset, then reflashed with v4…nothing. I put v2 back on & all works fine.

Thoughts on how to get your v4 to work on my smarthouse kit?

Thanks, Ty

Mountain, this alternate firmware is awesome! Thanks for you efforts.

On a related note, my blinds require 270-degree to rotate through closed (tilted up) - open - closed (tilted down). Having messed with servos a few years ago, I recall that the degree of swing could be modified. Is anyone aware of anyone adding this to an alternate firmware, or could this be something easily added to this V4? I have started my search of forums for a solution, but would hate to reinvent something if it is already out there.

Thanks again for this great alternate firmware!

Hi Mountain,

After I upgraded the firmware to V4, trying the commands (set-servo, then reset) and even though I entered a username and password, it doesn’t let me connect to perform the action. Any clue what this could be?

If you have upgraded from V2 , have you re configured as new setup via AP mode from you phone or tablet and re entered all settings as if a brand new install.
If you have done this can you go to the IP address of device e.g. 192.168.0.34 and the status page comes up in your browser listing all the config items??
also did you set a admin user name and password?? and are they correct???

Solution to my problem is here: Blinds with Tasmota firmware