Blinds controller V2 works in MQTT, nothing in OpenHab

I will start off with a quick question:

Should the MQTT binding be listed in my PaperUI under configuration-Bindings? I have installed it and reinstalled it but it isn’t listed there? The list is actually empty and I just have a (+) to add bindings. Is this normal or is this my obvious problem?

Using the new V2, my control works 100% in MQTT, outgoing as well as the state response. However, I get nothing in Openhab. In the basic UI the icon does not change (open/hald/closed) When I click the corresponding button, nor does the servo move at all. my log does has this: (BlindsControlOffice is the name of this control)

Could not update element with key _tags:BlindsControlOffice in ManagedMetadataProviderImpl, because it does not exists.

Log also shows that the command was received:

2018-08-23 13:07:40.438 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘BlindsControlOffice’ received command 100

But I get NO MOVEMENT?? Any thoughts? I am so close to having these damn blinds running! I really REALLY don’t want to be on display for the neighbours for yet another night. :roll_eyes:

thanks.

I just had the same issue with V1 and found I had an error in my mqqt.cfg file. This is the line that needs the hashtag/remark and arrows removed and add your server address. here is mine…

URL to the MQTT broker, e.g. tcp://localhost:1883 or ssl://localhost:8883

broker.url=tcp://192.168.1.160:1883

I eventually got it working yesterday, and I’m not 100% positive what fixed it but that was one of the things that I tried so its worth noting. Thank man. :+1: