The new MQTT binding in 2.4 comes with new features such as an embedded broker. Here are the setup instructions:
- Install the latest version of the binding and the broker (broker is in misc).
- The MQTT binding will discover the embedded broker.
- Create a new Generic MQTT Thing.
- Select the embedded broker as the bridge, and click the checkbox.
- Click the plus icon for creating a new channel. Select type of item (door sensor --> contact, etc)
- Find the topic that your devices are publishing and put it into the state topic. If you have a control device, add the topic of the command that you use.
- Link any relevant items to that channel