Open hab app on android and securoty

I just downloaded the open hab app for android and have some concernes. The app autimaticly conected, use ip:8443. What is the :8443, why did the app autimaticly connect? This seems like a security issue, are there settings to change so that anyone with the app and wifi password cant just access my openhab?

If you have set up open openHAB with your home server and your home server is password protected, then you should be required to log into openHAB at the IP address setup for your home server with the same credentials you used when setting up your home server.
You might want to review the guide on how to set up the home server for directions on setting up openHAB for the first time.
Good luck!

Well, I watched the videos again, “setting up the server hpenhab2” and “setting up the config files”. I followed the steps and did not see anything speciffic about security accessing openhab through the local network. I did come across an artical on openhab forum that suggests there is no secuity for this, only from acessing from outside the local network. Does this sound right? what am I missing?

Like I said, it’s been a while since I set everything up. Did you watch the video and read the tutorial on setting up the home server?
Make sure you thoroughly go through the video along with the tutorial reading along as you go through the video.
I will go back through my notes that I took and share with you whatever I used when building my sever.

Based on some research, I have found that openhab does not support security on the 8080 or 8443 ports.

I have watched the server tutorial and do not understand how setting my server up this way would restrict access to openhab if a person has access to my network. Does logging onto a network as a guest prevent access to these ports?