There has to be another way? *Video of my blinds in operation*

I don’t know if I have something programmed wrong but there has to be something I can change to fix the way the blinds operate. If you watch my video, each time I open or close the blinds the servo hums for a second or so after the blinds stop. When I open the blinds (Matts calls it “half” but I changed the 52% position to “open” and got rid of the 100% position all together) the servo rotates all the way to 100%, holds there and hums for a nanosecond and then goes back to the 52% position. I have yet to see a close up video (with audio) of Matts blinds in operation so I can’t tell if his do this also and I can only assume he has a reason for them but I think they would look a lot more professional if they just smoothly opened and closed to the set position without the humming and grinding. Every time I have shown them to someone they ask why it makes “that noise”? Anyone else have video of their blinds operating?

Any position between 40 and 60 will go to the fully opened position before going to the new set position, this allows for the weight transfer from one side of the blind edge to the other, this is so you get a correct positioning of say 50 percent being 45 degrees. if not it can be out by 25 percent. Because there is a mechanical slip in the blind mechanism.
I have selected slow speed and also opened up servo motor, the gear end, and packed it with a light grade grease, this has made operation quit and smooth. These servo motors are cheap and do not have much grease in them, but they do the job .

I also had the hum but I re installed the motor to the blind shaft and made sure the motor was in the fully opened position before connecting to blind shaft and used a 1 to 2 amp power supply

I am positive this is a software issue and must be different from what you were experiencing as it happens on all my servos, even before installing them to a blind when they are simply sitting on the desk with zero load on them.:man_shrugging:

What version of blind control software are you using?

I had v1 for a year or so and switched to v2 as soon as Matt released it. Didn’t seem to change anything.

You are passing the threshold of the servo either in travel or torque. Remove the servo from the blinds and run it. Does it still hum? You are passing the threshold. Does it no longer hum? You are passing the torque level of the servo.

I thought that too, I thought the blinds were reaching their full closed or full open position while the servo attempts to continue rotating. Although that is EXACTLY what it sounds like, as I mentioned before, it happens with the servo sitting freely on the desk with absolutely no load on it what-so-ever. The servo will hum/stutter/vibrate in position for a microsecond after reaching its stop position. Also happens with any one of my 20+ or so servos that I pick from, brand new, old, doesn’t matter. for these reasons I believe it to be firmware related but I just don’t get it. I will play around with it again once I take some time off during the holidays as I would like to get the rest of my house blinds set up but I would like to have this one running 100% first. thanks.

I have been looking at this too, My install of version 2 software had the same affect, servo motor would hum for a bit at completion of move.
I thought it was servo reached limits too.
My 1st upgrade was downloading the version 2 BIN file and installing. then setting up via WiFimanager.
I wanted to modify Matt’s software because I needed the blinds to close in a different direction, so I downloaded the INO source code to see how the software worked .
I recompiled the INO Version 2 using Arduino and uploaded new BIN file.
After this the HUM was gone.
I am setting up on the bench original setup to confirm my theory, will let you know