Blind Control V6.5 upgrade

Blind Control V6.5 firmware is now available.
Major rework on GUI, bug fixes, enhancements and Library upgrades.

mk-blindcontrol.bin file is now available on a Repository server for download.

Click on link below to download file to you computer.
http://mesmarthouse.com/tasmota/mk-blindcontrol.bin Firmware Binary File

Click on link for About information
https://mesmarthouse.com/tasmota/mkblindcontrol.html About Help File is updated on a regular basis.

Install upgrade as per current process.
V6 and above no major impact .
less then V6 will require a full re configure after installing upgrade as file system and structure has major changes. Device will restart into AP mode. You the need to connect via smart device and setup again.

Features : V6.5

1. GUI full GUI integration for setup, firmware upgrade, resetting, changing settings on the Fly.

2. TASMOTA MQTT format and control option standards.

3. TELEMENTRY. JSON format on controller. SSID, signal information, servo position etc.

4. SPEED. Blind speed can be changed via MQTT command option.

5. AUTO OTA UPGRADE. Initiate global or individual firmware upgrade command via MQTT option to individual device or all devices.

6. FIRMWARE Check for firmware updates available from Repository Server.

7. BUTTON Provision for external push button control for multi function. Open/close, set to 50% and reset. Requires easy modification to PCB.

8. DISCOVERY SSDP enabled for network discovery on Windows machines. Device will be listed in Network Devices allowing support information and directly connecting to device via File Explorer.

9. **ABOUT** opens a webpage with helpful information on configuration, features and contact resources etc

Screen Shot of new GUI menu options

GUI MENU options
**_Note:-. Username and Password required for some options. Username, it will be admin. And Password will be password. Password can be changed in SETUP

FIRMWARE.
MANUAL. User Downloads from Repository and uploads via file manager.
AUTO Automatically Download and install via OTA Server as setup in configuration
OTAAuto path and restarts.
CHECK Connects to Repository Server for latest release and advises of installed
version, release version and upgrade impact.

REBOOT. Re start controller via GUI .

RESET. Erase all settings, formats file system, restarts into AP setup mode. password, note the password given to you. If you did not provide a username, it will be admin.

ALIGN. This sets the servo motor to the correct OPEN position during initial install, use this after configuring other options , Swing direction to close, motor installed side .Use this function before connecting servo to blind shaft.

FILEMANAGER. Upload and download config files and device state data files.

SETUP. Configure settings such as MQTT topic, Controller Name, Speed, Swing direction etc.

ABOUT Open about help webpage.

Screen Shot of HOME menu option

Screen Shot Firmware menu option

Screen Shot of FIRMWARE / CHECK menu option result

Screen Shot REBOOT menu option

Screen Shot of RESET menu option

Screen Shot of ALIGN menu option

Screen shot SETUP menu option

Please let us know how you go with this version. Any questions or how to etc

Cheers Mountain-Eagle

Love it! I have been using your firmware since V3 through v6.

One “tweak” you should update the versioning in the header to 6.5.

Thanks for your continued work, my blinds and my family thank you!

Awesome!

Much thanks and happy New Year!

Thanks for feedback.
Missed that detail on header. Will update code to show full version number

Would you consider posting the .bin file? I’d like to fiddle with it.

@audiofreak9 I think you meant .ino file as that would be directly editable in a code editor such as the Arduino ide. The .bin files are all compiled and ready to flash.

@freedog96150 Yep, you are correct! Thanks.

Hi all,

I have 5 blinds with the original MK-Smarthouse Version 2 on them. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running Home Assistant with a plug into HomeKit and it’s working fine. It resets it’s self every so often during the day. It doesn’t seem to be wifi, coz I have “excellent” strength to these. I look at the Home Assistant logs and there are no HomeKit actions, so I’m assuming it might have something to do with the version 2 loosing connection? How safe is it to move to version 6. I mean, will it continue to work with HomeKit? I’m enjoying Home App opening and closing the blinds and sunrise and sunset, I don’t want to lose this. Has anyone tested the version 6 with HomeKit?

I would like to upgrade, as it looks slicker to update values than the version 2 that Matt put out many years ago. Any feedback would be great. Thanks Mountain for all your work, I’m glad there is still work/community out there to help/test and develop.

thanks,
Mark

Further to my post, I actually found the log for Home Assistant and getting this:

2021-01-13 01:25:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 52
2021-01-13 08:13:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 08:13:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:36:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:36:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:41:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:41:04 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:57:31 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45
2021-01-13 09:57:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45

Hi, I’ll try to test for you. I’m currently using V6.06 and V6.6, haven’t all my blinds yet. How is your Home Assistant tied into HomeKit.

V6.6 will work with HomeAssist. There are a few changes you will need to do in yml file.
Going from V2 to 6.6 will require re config via AP setup mode as when 1st installed.
The state and command topics will need changing in the homeassist yml file.
I use openhab platform not homeassist. but firmware works with both. There are several homeassit users in this forum that can help. I am in the process of setting up homeassist as a test platform to learn on as well.

I installed the HomeKit integration https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/homekit and it put the code into HomeKit and it saw the 5 blinds. I have this in my configuration.yaml file:

mqtt:
broker: 10.0.1.111

cover BlindsControl1:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “MK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1/state”
    retain: true
    payload_open: “0”
    payload_close: “100”
    payload_stop: “45”
    state_open: “0”
    state_closed: “100”

cover BlindsControl2:

name: “HK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl2”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl2/state”

cover BlindsControl3:

name: “OK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl3”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl3/state”

cover BlindsControl4:

name: “DK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl4”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl4/state”

cover BlindsControl5:

name: “KK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl5”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl5/state”

Do you know if it will solve this error I’m getting occasionally (like once an hour)

2021-01-13 16:30:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 45

I suspect it’s the ESP8266 dropping WiFi connection?

Thanks for yml file.
Looking at it is the command and state topics ok?
As in v6 firmware these get changed
cmnd/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn/POWER command topic
stat/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn/STATE state topic
so in the example above would this be

command_topic: “cmnd/MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1/POWER”

state_topic: “stat/MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1/STATE”

In version 6 and above there are a lot of other features that can be added to yml file.
Like RSSI, LWT, SPEED control etc.

Version 6 has been compiled with latest arduino libs. upgraded wifi manager, etc. I have found it to be more stable and faster

in relation to the above error
I had a look at MQTT Cover https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/cover.mqtt/#full-configuration-position-topic-without-tilt.
And the payload_stop: “45” is invalid for this paramater .
change to payload_stop: “STOP"
From what I am reading.
See if that fixes the error

I’ve tried that, do I need to restart just Home Assistant or everything? Like HomeKit and the Raspberry Pi?

Restart home assistant

I did do that and still go the following:
2021-01-14 14:05:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 56

I issued a HOMEKIT test this Status. So it appears its from HomeKit losing connect? When my phone moves to another router? Wifi?
2021-01-14 14:26:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 56
2021-01-14 14:26:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.cover] Payload is not supported (e.g. open, closed, opening, closing): 56

So I’m thinking the way I have HomeKit setup might be incorrect?
This is one of my Blinds
cover BlindsControl1:

name: “MK Blinds”
    command_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1”
    state_topic: “MK-SmartHouse/utilities/MK-BlindsControl1/state”
    payload_stop: “STOP”
    These are horizontal blinds that have a servo motor with MK-SmartHouse board, I think it has to be 56 for open (like letting the light in) and either 0 or 100 to be closed, or no light in. I think HomeKit only supports blind covers, which is not really what a tilt blind is correct?

I am not sure on homekit, I have just setup homeassist and checking for errors. I do not get any errors yet. Will install homekit and see what happens.

I also thought about playing with the following:

Maybe if I turn that to false. IF the blinds lost network connectivity they would not try and re-reposition themselves. Meaning. They would just stay as is without moving, and when the wifi comes back, it would remain in the position it was in and go about it’s day. (That is inferring that it’s a wifi problem, I want to maybe do some testing in these two blinds as the one in my bedroom rarely does this close, half open shutter)

Would that work? Also would I need to reload the HomeKit, or just a restart should send the various controls to the blinds?

thanks,
Mark